How to build a free-standing cat / dog / pet gate with virtually no tools

I've been a good and prolific little writer as of late.  Today, I wrote an article on my Hubpages about how I built a free-standing pet gate with no tools and under $25.  I actually came up with the idea just by wandering around and around in Home Depot until the moment came to me.

Click here to read the article.

Here's what the finished product looks like:

                                                  Foiled by the beautiful homemade cat gate!

I'm rather proud of it.  My cats have not found a way to jump over it or move it in the week and a half  I've had it up.

The best part about all this is that I can now have my bedroom door open again... haven't been able to do this since M-the-bed-peeing-cat moved in 5 years ago.  Now, in winter, my bedroom won't be 20* below zero at night!  The humidity level from the shower won't make the room turn into a mini-Jumanji-style jungle atmosphere.  Hooray!

I hope this helps those of you who have been having issues with this sort of thing.  Happy cat-foiling!

Comments

  1. Have you tried Cat Attract litter? We had a rescue who was checked for any medical reasons for out of the box thinking, all tests negative. Read about this litter somewhere and have been using it ever since. It's not my favorite litter (when wet, good luck scooping anything on the side of the pan, it's like glue), and it isn't dust free, but I have yet to meet a cat who can resist it. Solved our "I can pee on this" problem, so in spite of its drawbacks, I am sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to keep your pant legs from dragging on the ground