Article on weight loss and the French Paradox (a.k.a.: Eat Real Food)

One of the topics about which I'm very passionate is that of real food.  I mostly eat "junk" only when I'm out somewhere and eating for entertainment value as opposed to nutrition.  Almost everything in my kitchen is a basic ingredient that can be turned into a meal: millet, rice, barley, vinegar, oil, vegetables, fruit, etc.  On the occasion that I have boxed foods (I have a secret addiction to plastic-pouch Indian foods), I make sure every ingredient is easily identified.

I think one of the main issues in this country is that of fake / faux foods.  I've seen coworkers or friends proclaiming they need to be "good" and eating nothing but iceberg lettuce sodden with low-cal, low-fat ranch dressing.  This is actually not good; there's practically no nutrition in that.  At best, you'll end up hungry, and at worst, you'll end up with cravings (which tell you you're missing some actual real nutrient) that will drive you to an eating binge later.

Years ago, I wrote an article about this entitled "Weight Loss and the French Paradox."  I had it in my Hubpages account, but never published it.  I'm not sure why.  It just languished there in cyberspace for roughly two and a half years.

I published it this morning.  I guess it could be controversial, to some degree, but truly, it's not just about the French or the Europeans.  Americans used to eat like this up until the late 1960s.  Somewhere along the way, boxed and uber-processed foods became the norm, and real cooking was out.

Click here for the article.  It's a little wordy, but I kind of like it!  Eat real food!

                      
(image courtesy of wpclipart.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to keep your pant legs from dragging on the ground